My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mail in December is Good!

I seems I have received some Christmas packages!

The first to appear is a gift from my (x-coworker) movie buddy and friend from California. We lost contact when I moved to New Jersey but have found each other again. But much of our fun (going to movies together and doing things like going to the Directors Guild in CA to see George Lucas) have long been gone. I heart fully miss those times and being able to see each other and act silly even though she’s young enough to be my daughter!

She knows me well.  She knows I read fantasy fiction a lot and knows how I love Ian McKellan as Gandalf… obviously. (duh)

 gift7[1]

“You Shall Not Pass!”…

My faery house is safe at last!  :o)

gift8[1]

Just the other day 2 more packages arrived! ( I do believe in miracles! I do! I do! I do!)

Boo wasn’t sure that this wasn’t all for “him”… so he checked it out.

gift1-2[1]

Gads!  Home made cookies from my son Chris!!!!! He blogged a photo of them the other day and I drooled.. now I can rub them on my hips before I eat them so they go directly to the “soft spot” heh…

He also sent a really unique set of color pencils!!! (yep, he neeked up on them and  grabbed them! *groan* never mind!)

 gift5[1]

I cannot repeat the note he sent with them because I cried when I read it and don't want to cry while I post them!  …but I can say, for an adopted son he sure knows me well! All I have to do is look at them and I’m taken to one of my favorite places..Kesterwood.

gift3[1]

And there’s still more!  

I got a package from Debi!   However, one never “just gets” a package… nope, they are wrapped in home made wrapping paper with a home made “tree” and a home made card!  She’s incredible!  It’s pretty simple to go buy something.. but to take the time to do all those other things.. is beyond my imagination.  She does so many things I wish my mother could have had the time to do..but she had to work to raise 2 kids alone, so there wasn’t a lot of time for allowing yourself to create the wonderful things that Debi does.

gift4[1]

Since I could saw all my other pressie’s I couldn’t let this one sit alone and undiscovered! (could I?… hell no!)

Once again I get blown away!  It never ceases to amaze me when people really (..I mean REALLY) listen and hear your heart and not just your words…

Debi found me a book by Wilkie Collins!! And it’s big enough that I can read the words!! (can no longer read “pocketbooks”)…  I’m not sure but she may have heard me scream all the way up in New York!!!

gift6[1]

I can’t remember a Christmas with so many gifts that all have such meaning to me.

Giving things don’t really make Christmas… but the time and thoughts behind the item sure does!  And I’ve already had and overwhelming Christmas… thank you all so very much!!!

(those words sound small but they’re all I have.  I *heart* you all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

That's so wonderful, Pat! Enjoy your new treasures! (I love those coloured pencils. What a cool find!)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love the Kesterwood pencils! Lovely gifts, Pat. People are so nice. Enjoy!

6:55 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh yay :D I'm glad everything arrived safe and sound!! Enjoy those cookies :D And I'll send you the recipe!! Someone else asked for the recipe too so I'm guessing they turned out good :p So glad the pencils were as special as I thought they would be :) I saw them and knew I had to get them right away. All of those other gifts are so absolutely perfect and beautiful too!!! So happy for you mama :D Love you!!!!

1:19 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My...How WONDERFUL, Pat! I lOVE that your son made cookies for you AND, those Pencils lookj very very special...!
You have lovely friends and a very lovely son, too!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Wow, great gifts! I especially love those pencils. Those are so cool.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Lovely presents for a lovely person. Enjoy them Pat!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home