My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More Madness..

 Ah..well.. so… I have no excuse. 

These are the latest books to come into my apartment, though I have to say I forgot to post it when I got them so they have been here for a while now.  I can’t even guess when I might get to them…although House of Silence looks good enough to be one I might pick up soon! 

newbkss[1]

When will I ever learn? 

Some Kind of Fairy Tale is about the disappearance of a young girl from a small town in the heart of England. Her sudden return twenty years later, and the mind-bending tale of where she's been, will challenge our very perception of truth.  Sounds like a good mystery to me!

House of Silence is about A country house mystery... A family drama... A Gothic romantic comedy...REBECCA meets COLD COMFORT FARM in Linda Gillard's complex new novel, HOUSE OF SILENCE.  and… that works for me too!

A Journey: My Political Life by Tony Blair is about… ummm, Tony Blair’s political life..heh.

Not a bad group of books and of course not all of them are “new” :o)

So… what’s come into your house that’s “new”?

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Some Kind of Fairy Tale sounds good! Will look that up. For a person who doesn't read political books you're certainly doing well with them. LOL!

10:28 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

These all sound very interesting,Pat....
The last book I bought was "GRACE", a memoir by Grace Coddington, the #2 person at Vogue Magazine, who turned out to be the most interesting person in the Documentary film about Vogue, "The September Issue"...A fascinating and extremely creative woman....! A very interesting life and a very interesting book!

2:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

oh hush Cath! lol lol

Naomi: I am reading yet another of Franklin and Eleanor in the white house during WWII years. I have other biographies "not political" I need to get to also *sigh* and some fiction / mysteries in between!

3:10 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh I can't WAIT to hear what you think of Some Kind of Fairytale!!!!! I've had that one on my wishlist since the day it came out!!! And um….I know you saw my last post of books that came into the house :p That has to make you feel better, right? :p

3:29 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: oh yeah I saw your latest "deliveries" lol..you have to remember my apartment is only 600 sq ft! there is no more room for me to put books! I recently had to donate some because i had no space !!! I hate giving away my books! (well the ones I really really liked ) if I know i won't reread a book I don't mind ...I even donate them to friends of the library.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

No sense in even trying to "learn"...where would be the fun in that?

I love that house on the cover of House of Silence, as well as the one on the Joyce book. I'll be interested in your thoughts on each of them as they both look and sound very challenge-worthy.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Buying books is fun. :)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home