My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Devil’s Workshop

The Devil’s Workshop by Alex Grecian.

Series: Scotland Yard's Murder Squad (Book 3)

Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Putnam Adult (May 20, 2014)
ISBN-10: 0399166432

devil_zpsb38dc636[1]

They thought he was gone, but they were wrong. Jack the Ripper is loose in London once more.
Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad faces the most shocking case of its existence, in the extraordinary new historical thriller from the author of the acclaimed national bestsellers The Yard and The Black Country.
London, 1890. A small group of the city’s elite, fed up with the murder rate, have made it their business to capture violent criminals and mete out their own terrible brand of retribution. Now they are taking it a step further: They have arranged for four murderers to escape from prison, and into the group’s hands.
But the plan goes wrong. The killers elude them, and now it is up to Walter Day, Nevil Hammersmith, and the rest of Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad to hunt the convicts down before they can resume their bloody spree. But the Murder Squad may already be too late. The killers have retribution in mind, and one of them is heading straight toward a member of the Murder Squad, and his family.
And that isn’t even the worst of it. During the escape, one of the killers has stumbled upon the location of another notorious murderer, one thought gone for good, but who is now prepared to join forces with them.
And Saucy Jack has learned some new tricks while he’s been away.

This is the 3rd book by Alex Grecian about Scotland Yard’s Murder Squad that I’ve read.

I have to say I’ve liked ALL the books and glad to know there will be more along the way!

However, having said that I have enjoyed this latest book, I will say that it may not be to everyone’s liking, even if they have read the first 2 books.  This book (since the evil character is “maybe” Jack the Ripper) is  a lot more descriptive in the murders and what is done to the bodies.  

And having said that… if you’ve ever read anything on Jack the Ripper before then the descriptions in this book are no worse then any other.   Surprisingly, I may have said a mental “ewww” here and there but it didn’t stop me from reading every word of the book.

I like this “murder squad” Grecian has created.  I think it’s created lol, it may have been true for all I know!  Walter Day and Nevil Hammersmith are excellent characters for this type of book… and I look forward to the next edition…whenever that may be!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Yeah, some books do go a little far with the gory descriptions! I skate over those a bit. LOL Glad you like this series such a lot, Pat. I must see if I can see the first one at the library as I like a good Victorian book.

9:19 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm not big on Jack The Ripper or any other "famous" horror murderer, so....I'll skip this one....lol...

THANKS SO MUCH for the Carol Burnett Book...it was very dear of you to send it to me.....I am sure I will enjoy it---though I am familiar with most of the material....
Her daughter Carrie did our AIDS Benefit show, STAGE, many years ago and it was a JOY to work with her.....It brought back many memory's of those early NY days with Carol...And Carrie was incredibly talented....Such a sad loss for dear Carol.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes, dear Pat....I got your "Virtual" Hug, my dear....!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have book one of this series sitting on my TBR pile. Thanks for the lovely review, it's good to know the series stays good! I have to get to it sometime this fall, I hope. Glad you are enjoying a mystery series too, Pat :-)

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home