My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Rip IX

Holy cow!  Nine years?!!!!..   Goodness gracious… Carl is at it  again!

rip2_zpsc1f62b67[1]

 lavinia-portraitRIP92751_zps275696ba[1]

This year I am choosing……

 ripnineperilsecond_zps09ffd62e[1]

Read two books of any length that you believe fit within the R.I.P. categories.

Let me quote our Imperial Leader about the categories…

September 1st is right around the corner. It is time to begin.

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.

That is what embodies the stories, written and visual, that we celebrate with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event.

As time has wound on I’ve honed this event down to two simple rules:

1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.

Here are a few books I will choose from..

rip_zpsf87e38b4[1]

Or……. I may choose something else!

No matter what, the RIP challenge is always fun!  So come join us!  The link to join us is at the top, just click on “Carl” and the magic will begin!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yours is the second blog I've seen with a James Herbert book on it. I love this writer!
Enjoy your books! I'm so happy it's finally time for R.I.P.!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

That's a great looking pile of books, Pat. Good luck with this. I know you struggle to read a bit these days and I just think you're brilliant to keep on regardless. Well done, Sis!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ooh! A James Herbert novel I haven't read yet!!! You have some great books there, Pat. i'm curious how the other Charles Palliser novels are. I still have to read the most famous one by him, The Quincunx. Enjoy your books, Pat. I love this challenge so much, have found so many good books from this challenge.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

PS Our library has a copy of Others, so I've requested it! I'm first in line! Yaaay!!! :-)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Kristen M. said...

You have some fun reading ahead of you! I have Rustication on my stack this year as well. I hope it's a page turner! Have fun with the challenge. :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I hope you enjoy what you read! I look forward to reading your reviews :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I know you LOVE this challenge---ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY, my dear....!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I don't know how you choose, they all look good. Did you ever read Pallisar's book, The Quincunx? I loved that book. Read it on my honeymoon. That tells you just how much Mary and I were both readers. LOL!

It is wild to think its been nine years. Gonna have to think of something really special for the 10th year.

It wouldn't be R.I.P. without you, thank you so much for being a part of it. Love you dearly, you are such a part of my blogging life and I'm so glad that we got to know each other all those years ago.

12:08 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I haven't even HEARD of any of those books aside from The Witches! I'm going to be in trouble after this with you :p I can't believe it's been 9 years either!! So excited it's here again though!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Have fun with the challenge!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You seem to pick fat books, don't you? ;) Well, I know darn well that you'll read far more than two books, and I hope you enjoy every single one you do read, my dear! HAPPY RIP!!!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home