My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 25, 2015

The Dead Will Tell

The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo.

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (March 31, 2015)
ISBN-10: 1250059852




 

Everyone in Painters Mill knows the abandoned Hochstetler farm is haunted. But only a handful of the residents remember the terrible secrets lost in the muted/hushed whispers of time―and now death is stalking them, seemingly from the grave.
On a late-night shift, Chief of Police Kate Burkholder is called to the scene of an apparent suicide―an old man found hanging from the rafters in his dilapidated barn. But evidence quickly points to murder and Kate finds herself chasing a singularly difficult and elusive trail of evidence that somehow points back to the tragedy of that long ago incident. Meanwhile, Kate has moved in with state agent John Tomasetti and for the first time in so long, they're both happy; a bliss quickly shattered when one of the men responsible for the murders of Tomasetti's family four years ago is found not guilty, and walks away a free man. Will Tomasetti be pulled back to his own haunted past?
When a second man is found dead―also seemingly by his own hand―Kate discovers a link in the case that sends the investigation in a direction no one could imagine and revealing the horrifying truth of what really happened that terrible night thirty-five years ago, when an Amish father and his four children perished―and his young wife disappeared without a trace.
And, as Kate knows―the past never truly dies


Well.. this is not the norm for me!  Amish murder? Pennsylvania?.. nope not my usual mystery!

But..

A surprisingly really good one!   The book covers an old case of murder and kidnapping and slowly Chief Kate Burkholder finds herself blending the very old case... with a very new case.  I have to admit that she did some nice hiding of clues and I found myself wondering right up to the end, how it would end.

There was not a lot of Amish mentioned except for some of the language so I tended to not remember Amish facts that might have given me more hints.

A very well written book.. although there are 5 others before this book I can say with certainty that you don't have to have read the other books first.. so no matter which one you begin with, if you like her writing you can go on from there.  I put her future book on my wish list but have no big desire to go backwards to see what her stories were like before... but that could be just how my mind has been lately.

This is a thumbs up .. enjoyed the book to the bitter end!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've read the first two of this series and enjoyed them a lot. Possibly a bit gory for you but well written and I didn't guess whodunnit until the end.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home