My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

The House on an Irish Hillside

House on an Irish Hillside by Felicity Hayes-McCoy.

Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Hodder;(June 18, 2013)
ISBN-10: 1444730312






Amazon Review

'From the moment I crossed the mountain I fell in love. With the place, which was more beautiful than any place I'd ever seen. With the people I met there. And with a way of looking at life that was deeper, richer and wiser than any I'd known before. When I left I dreamt of clouds on the mountain. I kept going back.'
We all lead very busy lives and sometimes it's hard to find the time to be the people we want to be.
Twelve years ago Felicity Hayes-McCoy left the hectic pace of the city and returned to Ireland to make a new life in a remarkable house on the stunning Dingle peninsula.
Beautifully written, this is a life-affirming tale of rediscovering lost values and being reminded of the things that really matter.


This is not my usual type of book.  I'm not sure what it was about it that made me pick it up... well maybe because it was taking place in Ireland and England. (anyone who knows me KNOWS that would be the reason!)

Still,... it's not a mystery or a murder for a fairy story.  But what it is... is following your dreams and doing what makes you happy.  One should not give up dreams, at least not all of them.  Many woman do when they get married and have children and redirect their life to the family.  Not a bad thing to do, but late in life you wonder what would have happened?  What would your life have been like?  ... if you had managed to follow your dreams.

This little Irish house  in the Dingle peninsula was peaceful. All the neighbors knew each other.  Tales of old were always passed on by telling the stories over and over.  Music was part of all their lives, along with living most of their life like they would "in the old days".  Yet they still had television and computers... but they didn't take over their life.

It was a feel good book.  Nothing exciting. Nothing devastating. Just a normal life and how a couple found a way to be happy and at peace with each other and the world.  When one thinks of that.. it's actually pretty darn amazing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

So many women in the situation of wondering what their lives would have been like. I love my family and can't imagine life without them, but there's a big wide world out there and most of it will always be a mystery to most of us. It's quite sad really.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I agree--that is actually pretty darn amazing! And I also agree with what Cath said 110%.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home