My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Woman Who Walked Into the Sea

Book 2 for RIP...





The Woman who Walked into the Sea by Mark Douglas-Home.

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Sandstone Press (November 12, 2013)
ISBN-10: 1908737328




Amazon Review:

Cal McGill watches the young woman through the dirty windshield of his Toyota. There's something compelling about her stillness, about the length of time she has been standing, staring out to sea. What has brought her to this remote beach, he asks himself. Is she a kindred spirit who finds refuge by the shore? Idle curiosity soon turns into another investigation for oceanographer and loner McGill as he embarks on a quest to discover why, 26 years earlier, another young woman walked into these same waves. According to the police, she killed herself and her unborn baby. McGill, the Sea Detective, questions this version of events and confronts the jealousies, tensions, and threats of a coastal community determined to hold on to its secrets.

Hooray! A real mystery!!  Of course it includes a dead body or two..  but the mystery is finding out ones past.  I liked the writing style in this book and found I looked forward to picking it up each time.

The only strange thing about the book is that Cal McGill did not really seem like a "detective" but more of a person wanting to help in the situation.  However I did like that it wasn't a detective constantly going to his office and reporting to others.   I enjoyed the book and all the mysteries surrounding the story! 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Glad you enjoyed this one, Sis. Cal is not really a detective as such, he's some kind of scientist... maybe an oceanographer. The first book, The Sea Detective, explains it a bit more. That one is very good too, but different to The Woman who Walked into the Sea in that it's several different threads woven into one.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home